The popular restaurant is run by a cooperative of young people who believe in the future of the area. Raul is in the kitchen and Carmen runs front of house. They opened to the public in autumn 2002.
It is 19 Km. from Ronda on the A-369 to Algeciras in Atajate (Malaga), and the building is very visible at the entrance of the village.
The name, “Audalazar” is one of the tributary streams of the Genal river, which is between Atajate and Alpandeire, but is also a Moorish village that disappeared in 1570, and comes from the Arabic Wadi-al-jara, Guidazara, Vidazara, Udazara, whose meaning was “river stones”.